reinVENT Challenge Official Rules
- Contest Host: The “reinVENT Challenge” (Contest) is hosted by VENT Fitness.
IT IS RECOMMENDED, AS WITH ANY WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAM, THAT YOU CONSULT A PHYSICIAN BEFORE PARTICIPATING.
- How to Enter: To enter the Contest, register at any VENT Fitness location or online at ventfitness.com. Current members subject to in club registration only as cost varies based on current membership standing. Then, visit your Club beginning Monday, September 9 through Wednesday, September 11, 2019 to have your “Before” photos and measurements taken and to complete your entry code form and entry requirements. The contest will run from September 9, 2019 through November 27, 2019. At the end of the Contest Period, return to your Club between November 25 – 27, 2019 to have “After” photos and measurements taken. Limit one Contest entry per person. Subject to these official rules, all Category winners in the Contest will automatically be eligible to be judged for the Grand Prize Round (Round Three).
- Essay Component: All Participants must submit an essay that is no less than 100 words and no more than one page describing their challenge experience which should include why/how you were motivated/inspired to participate in the Challenge. The Essay will be judged based upon the following criteria: Sincerity (33%); Ability to Inspire (34%); and Passion (33%). The Essay, the percentage of overall body weight loss, inches lost and “Before” and “After” photos for each individual Category winner in the Contest will be deemed an Entry(ies) and become the property of VENT Fitness, and will not be returned. All essays are due by 11:59pm on November 29, 2019. They must be submitted in PDF or Microsoft Word document. Essays typed into the body of emails will not be accepted nor reviewed. All essays must be sent to our Marketing Department.
- Contest Period: The Contest will run for ten (10) weeks between September 9, 2019 and November 27, 2019.
- Eligibility: Entrants must be 18 years or older at time of entry to be eligible to enter. Employees of VENT Fitness, Lia Group, BurgerVentures and any advertising agencies, or promotional suppliers or persons involved in any part of the administration and execution of the Contest and immediate family members (spouses and parents, children and siblings regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of any such employees are not eligible to enter. Previous overall winners of the VENT Fitness Challenge are not eligible to win for a minimum of three (3) years. Weight loss surgery: Those who have undergone any weight loss surgery or artificial enhancements 60 days prior to or during the contest duration are not eligible to enter. Entrants found to have undergone weight loss surgery or artificial enhancements will be disqualified and any and all prizes will be forfeited. This includes (but is not limited to): gastric bypass, laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding, sleeve gastrectomy, duodenal switch with biliopancreatic diversion or other methods not outlined here. Artificial enhancements include pectoral, calf, buttock, breast or any other augmentation.
- Categories of Competition: All entrants will compete in one of the following categories: Females: 18-29; 30-39; 40-49; and 50+ and Males: 18-29; 30-39; 40-49; and 50+. The age of entrant for each category is determined by the entrant’s age on the date of the “Before” photos and measurements (Monday, September 9, 2019 through Wednesday, September 11, 2019).
- Photos: A picture is truly worth a thousand words. Please plan on wearing something in accordance with the specifications below – remember, we can’t judge what we can’t see. It is important that you wear the same or similar clothing in both your before and after photos. Please wear bottoms that are no longer than mid-thigh and plan to expose your mid-section. **Undergarments are not suitable for photos** WOMEN: bikini or swimsuit OR shorts and sports bra. MEN: Shorts OR swim trunks, no shirt.
- Judging: Eight individual Category winners in the Contest, as determined in the sole discretion of the panel of judges, will be eligible for participating in the Grand Prize Round.Judging: There will be Three (3) Rounds of judging in the Contest:
Round One: All entrants will be judged by a panel of judges selected by the Host. In Round One of judging, the panel of judges evaluates the “Before” and “After” photos of each entry based on visible transformation (muscle tone, visible weight loss and visual fitness). Those entries deemed to have a “visible transformation” are sent into Round Two of Judging.
Round Two: In Round Two of judging, those entrants who were judged to have a “visible transformation” are evaluated based on their “Before” and “After” measurements: total pounds lost, overall percentage of body weight lost, and inches lost (or added). The top entrant in each age Category will be sent on to Round Three of Judging.The top scoring contestant in each of the eight (8) Categories will become Category Winners.
Round Three (Grand Prize Round): The Top Category entrants will then be judged side by side based upon their individual overall percentage of body weight lost and overall inches lost (30%); visual fitness as evidenced in their “Before” and “After” photos (55%); and Essay (15%). The Essay will be judged based upon the following criteria: Sincerity; Ability to Inspire; and Passion. The Top Overall Winner will be selected as the Grand Prize Winner.
- Prizes: One Grand Prize Winner will receive $1,000 each plus 1 yr Level III VENT Fitness Membership as well as a sponsored prize. (1 Total). Category Winners will receive a 3-month Level III membership and sponsored prize. 18-29 (male and female), 30-39 (male and female), 40-49 (male and female), 50+ (male and Female). (8 Total).
- Winner Notification: All winners of the Contest will be determined on or about December 6, 2019 and will be notified following decision and will be required to complete and execute an affidavit of eligibility and release including Social Security/Social Insurance number (“Affidavit”) in order to receive his or her prize(s). If any Contest winner fails to return the properly signed affidavit and releases or other prize documentation, chooses to decline a prize for any reason, or fails to comply with any other requirements, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to the runner-up. Noncompliance with these Official Rules, or inability of Host to contact a winner will result in disqualification and the runner-up will be notified.
- Essay License: By participating, each contestant represents and warrants that his/her Essay is original, truthful and does not infringe any third party rights and grants Host a perpetual, fully-paid, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to reproduce, prepare derivate works of, distribute, display, exhibit, transmit, broadcast, digitize, otherwise use, and permit others to use and exhibit throughout the world his/her Entry in any manner, form, or format now or hereinafter created, including on the internet, and for any purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising or promotion of Host and Host’s goods or all without further consent from or payment to you or any other third parties.
- Conditions and Release of Liability: In case of dispute as to the winner(s) of the Contest, Host reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or Entry for false or deceptive acts. Host, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, lost or postage due mail, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Contest. Host reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest if it cannot be completed as planned due to computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures, typographical or production errors in these Official Rules or other advertising for the Contest, or other conditions beyond Host’s control. In such case, Host may, at its discretion, select the winner(s) from all eligible entries received unaffected by the problem. Host reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the operation of the Contest or who does not comply with these Official Rules. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE HOST RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM THE PERPETRATOR TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Contest or these Official Rules (“Claim”) will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, United States of America, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules and must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within New York. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. ENTRANTS WILL NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY OR AS MEMBERS OF ANY CLASS OF CLAIMANTS PERTAINING TO ANY CLAIM. OR IN A PURPORTED REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY ON BEHALF OF THE GENERAL PUBLIC OR OTHER PERSONS SIMILARLY SITUATED. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS CONTEST. ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY’S/LEGAL FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
- Use of Data: By participating in the Contest, entrant hereby agrees to Host’s collection and usage of entrant’s personal information and acknowledges and agrees to allow the use of name, image, likeness, photograph, audio and/or video recordings created by the Host without compensation. This usage includes, but is not limited to advertising, publicity and promotional use by the Host and hereby grants the Host, its affiliates, as well as their agents, any and all rights to this use, anywhere in the universe until the end of time and hereby releases the Host, its officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, and all other parties in interest from any and all present or future claims, grievances, damages and causes of action that I may have arising out of or in connection with such use.In addition, The Host, its officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, and all other parties in interest, shall have the absolute right and permission to modify, copyright, publish, use, sell, or assign any and all photographic portraits or pictures of me, whether apart from or in connection with written printed matter, story or news items, for trade, advertising or for any other purpose in conjunction with participants own or a fictitious name. Participant waives any rights to have to inspect and/or approve the finished product or the advertising copy that may be used in connection therewith in or the use to which it may be applied.
- List of Winners: For the names of the winners, available after December 15, 2019, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to The “2019 Winter ReinVENT Challenge” Winners, VENT Fitness, 2080 Western Ave, Suite 115, Guilderland, NY 12084. Requests must be received by December 6, 2019.